Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Imagination


Here are some highlights from our day at the zoo yesterday. This was a special outing because it was the first time that I (MB) took the kids to the zoo by myself. Clark was so tired when we left that he didn't complain about leaving the zoo (a first). His exact words as we were walking to the car were, "My knees tired. My foot start to hurt." Needless to say, he took a great nap yesterday as did Clementine - both of them asleep at the same time=my dream come true.
The picture above is what I saw when I turned around ready to say, "Come on, Clark, stay with Mommy," as we walked from one side of the zoo to the other. His imagination is going crazy right now. When I asked what he was doing he informed me that he was a cat in a tone that suggested I should have known that. Then he experienced a metamorphosis from cat to frog instantaneously. It took a lot longer to get to the other side of the zoo this way, but it was so much more fun than just walking. If Clementine didn't need me to push her stroller I probably would have pretended with him. O.K., so I probably wouldn't have got down on all fours and crawled around the Columbus Zoo, but I like to think that I would have been the kind of mom who does that with her kids!

Clementine was fascinated by the penguins and the aquarium - things she could see from her stroller.

At each exhibit, Clark had to find it on his map. He found the map on the ground and being very litter conscious picked it up and carried it around the rest of the day. He was especially cute while visiting "Chicken Nugget" and telling her where she was on the map. I couldn't believe he remembered this chicken from our last trip. He was eager to visit her and stood there talking to this chicken. Not only did he point out her location on the map, he also informed her, "You say bok."


It so much easier to take pictures of the two of them now that she can sit up! There was a perfect sized dip in this statue for her to nestle into. Mind you, she can still be a bit unsturdy so I am only an arm's length away (I can't believe my outstretched hand is not in the picture!) and this was a quick photo-op.
And I thought Adam took care of the kids while I was away. The cat's out of the bag now - Clark does all the work. What a grown up!
THE ALUM CREEK PUMPKIN PATCH IS BACK!

I'll take........that pumpkin!
Clark had just awakened from a nap, so he wasn't feeling very photogenic.

More of his imagination coming to life...he and Adam built Jacob's Field last night while I made dinner. Speaking of dinner last night...I made squash. Not only did I make it, but I also ate it. Not only did I eat it, but I also liked it! For those of you who know me, this is a big deal! What has come over me - eating vegetables?

No comments: